So I did my homework before doing this review and came across many similar homebrewing classes online. BUT upon closer look at a 150 min only workshop that allows you to bring home a toner, cleanser and serum at an attractive price, I realised the following:
A once off 150min only class means:
- How do you cram knowledge about skincare, possible chemistry and science, into that short an amt of time?
- Rush through the making of three different skincare items
-No handholding by professionals or even just a staff of the brand after the workshop (what if my toner smells bad when I get home?! How do I know it is properly preserved??)
- I most likely won't get my questions answered in a satisfactory manner in that short an amount of time (trust me, I have attended cooking lessons AND kombucha making classes)
- I will be in a room full of participants where attention of the instructor is SPLIT
And then I look at the Homebrew Kit that COMES WITH the Homebrew School:
- Personalised mentoring from Alex, SB elf who has been making our SB for years
- Continued access to Homebrew School after we purchased the Homebrew Kit
- We will harvest 4 bottles of SB's latest probiotic Carol's Sake and Rice Serum that has been tested by testers and found to be effective
- Kit also comes with digital scale, mixer, cups that can be reused again for future making if you are so inclined
-Facebook group dedicated to Homebrew where you can ask questions, compare knowledge and products made.
- And for me? Homebrew School is an ENTIRE semester duration where you learn at your own pace, and in the comforts of your home (or even while you are travelling, just watch the videos or read the notes!)
So it is pretty obvious that SB's Homebrew Kit is not just value for money, it is also sincere in wanting to enable everyone who purchases the kit to really learn and understand more about homebrewing and making their own skincare!