Travel Size 0.5 oz: $25 | Full Size: 2.3 oz $75
How To Use
If you've got stubborn, congested skin or a breakout developing, I developed the Bethany Charcoal Mask to knock it out quickly and effectively by drawing out impurities from your skin, deeply exfoliating it and yet nourishing it at the same time.
Ingredient Deep Dive:
🧪Made with a base of Aloe Vera to soothe and hydrate your skin, given the potent ingredients in it
🧪Kaolin Clay & Activated Charcoal: dries out excess oil, reaches deep into your pores to clear impurities
🧪5-Fruit Acid Exfoliation Complex with Bilberry, Sugar Cane, Sugar Maple, Orange and Lemon acids to provide chemical exfoliation along with physical exfoliation from clay and charcoal
🧪Ginseng: Potent anti-aging skincare ingredient in Asia, also has anti-inflammatory effects
🧪Bamboo: Soothing, hydrating and gentle exfoliant
The Bethany Charcoal Mask is named after community member Bethany Johansen, who won a Sabbatical Beauty Bespoke Product competition in Spring 2016.
The Bethany Mask was also mentioned in this Allure article as part of our Got Grits? routine to unclog your pores without painful extractions.
- Oil control
- Dries out acne and developing spots
- Reduces skin congestion
- Deep cleansing
- Pore clearing
Apply after cleansing. Leave on for 20-30 mins and then rinse off. Follow with serums and moisturizers.
Can be used as an overnight spot treatment on acne.
NB: The fruit acid complex may make your skin more photosensitive, so please use sunscreen if using this product.
**Please note--while we LOVE your mask selfies, posting one while wearing this mask may not be ideal given the problematic history of minstrelsy and blackfacing in the Americas :/ Please be mindful! Find out more about this history here.
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Coco Betaine, Kaolin Clay, Activated Charcoal, Ginseng Powder, Bamboo Powder, (Water (and) Bilberry Extract (and) Sugar Cane Extract (and) Sugar Maple Extract (and) Orange Extract (and) Lemon Extract), (Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, (Sodium acrylate / sodium Acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer & isohexadecane & polysorbate 80) (PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and) PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides (and) Aqua), (Water, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Wasabia Japonica (Wasabi) Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract), (Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol), Citric Acid.
WHY SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our products contain higher percentages of active ingredients than the majority of products on the market. This means you can see amazing differences very quickly, and with only a scant amount of product.
- Our products are manufactured in-house by a small team of women in Philadelphia, PA, in small batches, with love.
- Our products are never tested on animals, just Adeline and Sabbatical Beauty employees.
- Everyone who works for Sabbatical Beauty earns a living wage.
WHAT DO PEOPLE LOVE ABOUT SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
- Our stuff works. And works quickly, period. And we sell sample sizes, so you don't need to commit a lot financially to test if a product works for your individual skin chemistry.
- Our mission as a feminist company is not to sell you skincare as something that you need, but rather a routine that will help you with prioritizing yourself and own needs for self-care.
- Our products come with an amazing, supportive Facebook community of people always willing to help, even in issues outside of skincare.
- We have a generous thirty day returns and refunds policy.