Travel Size 1 oz: $25 | Full Size 4 oz: $80
How To Use
I first got interested in Mugwort when I realized it had become a cult kbeauty ingredient. Said to really tamp down on inflammation, to possess antibacterial and antifungal properties and contain powerful antioxidants, I figured this was worth trying.
For this reason, Mugwort Beauty Water contains a base of both Mugwort Hydrosol, or Distillate, as well as Mugwort Vinegar from Gotham Grove, which sources small batch medicinal vinegars from Korea which have never been sold outside of Korea before. I’m especially excited by this because this provides two ways for your skin to enjoy the beneficial properties of mugwort, both in terms of a decoction via the distillate, as well as via using vinegar as a solvent, which will at all levels enhance the health of your skin microbiome.
As with all our other Beauty Waters, this Mugwort Beauty Water also contains a tiny amount of foaming silk to cleanse your face without the need to wash it, and a mild fruit acid complex which gently exfoliates your skin so it can even better absorb the beneficial components of Mugwort.
Interesting note, when I started doing even more of a deep dive, I became fascinated by how multiple cultures have utilized their indigenous species of mugwort for various healing and magical uses. In traditional Chinese medicine, mugwort is used in moxibustion, a form of heat therapy which helps to invigorate the movement of energy in the body and dispel pathogens. The Romans placed mugwort leaves inside their shoes for endurance and to alleviate fatigue. Mugwort is used in multiple witchcraft traditions for protection and divination, and when placed by the bed, is also said to aid astral projection.
- Anti inflammatory
- Helps redness
- Treats sensitive skin
- Treats acne
- Antioxidant rich
Mugwort Beauty Water can be used as a first cleanser, a single cleanser (like when you don't want to do your whole routine) and a toner.
To use as a first cleanser - apply with a cotton pad and swipe on entire face, neck and décolleté, then follow with foaming cleanser.
To use as a single cleanser - follow steps above and then follow with rest of routine as desire.
To use as a toner - follow steps above after cleansing.
Note that the exfoliating fruit complex will make your skin more photosensitive so sunscreen is a must while using this product.
Aloe Vera, Mugwort Hydrosol, Mugwort Vinegar, White Willow Bark Extract, Averrhoa Carambola Fruit Extract & Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract & Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract & Garcinia Mangostana Extract & Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract & Punica Granatum Extract & Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract & Zizyphus Jujuba Fruit Extract & Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Water & Caprylyl Glycol & Hexylene Glycol & Wasabia japonica (Wasabi) Root Extract & Zingiber officinale (Ginger) Root Extract & Allium sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract.
WHY SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our products contain higher percentages of active ingredients than the majority of products on the market. This means you can see amazing differences very quickly, and with only a scant amount of product.
- Our products are manufactured in-house by a small team of women in Philadelphia, PA, in small batches, with love.
- Our products are never tested on animals, just Adeline and Sabbatical Beauty employees.
- Everyone who works for Sabbatical Beauty earns a living wage.
WHAT DO PEOPLE LOVE ABOUT SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
- Our stuff works. And works quickly, period. And we sell sample sizes, so you don't need to commit a lot financially to test if a product works for your individual skin chemistry.
- Our mission as a feminist company is not to sell you skincare as something that you need, but rather a routine that will help you with prioritizing yourself and own needs for self-care.
- Our products come with an amazing, supportive Facebook community of people always willing to help, even in issues outside of skincare.
- We have a generous thirty day returns and refunds policy.