Travel Size: $30 | Full Size: $100
How To Use
This was my first clean beauty foray into a strong Acid Toner. An acid toner is basically a combination of alpha or beta hydroxy acids, which chemically dissolve the bonds holding the top layer of dead skin cells, thus allowing them to be shed, thereby revealing the new, brightened, even-toned and younger looking skin underneath.
To stay true to the Sabbatical Beauty formulation ethos, I've put this together by throwing in just about every fruit acid and enzyme I could get my hands on, thereby giving you one of the cleanest profile, yet most effective acid toners you've probably ever tried.
Ingredient Deep Dive:
🍍Tropical Fruit Enzyme Complex (Lychee, Jujube, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Mangosteen & more) for gentle exfoliation. Enzymatic exfoliation is one of the most gentle forms of exfoliation
🍍 Fruit Acid Alpha Hydroxy Acid Complex (Bilberry, Sugar Cane, Orange, Lemon & Sugar Maple). Alpha Hydroxy Acids do an excellent job helping dry skin to better hydrate and to reduce the appearance of fine lines
🍍 White Willow Bark Extract, which is a natural source of Beta Hydroxy Acids. Beta Hydroxy Acids are especially good for regulating oil production.
🍍 Prickly Pear Extract and fermented Pomegranate, Pineapple, Apple for even more gentle fruit acid exfoliation
🍍 Fermented Bamboo which helps to deeply hydrate and to reduce discoloration and even skin tone
🍍 Base of Aloe Vera to hydrate, soothe and nourish skin while exfoliating
- Brightening, reduces scars
- Strongly exfoliating
- Helps acne
- Regulates oil production, increases skin's capacity for hydration
To use: Apply on cleansed skin using a cotton pad. For best results, wait 20 minutes before proceeding with other steps. Then follow with serums, moisturizers etc.
If you have sensitive skin or are new to acid toners, start with once a week. You can gradually increase use as you get more tolerant. Overuse usually results in reddened, irritated skin and flaking.
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Bamboo Ferment Filtrate, (Starfruit Extract, Passionfruit Extract, Kiwi Fruit Extract, Mangosteen Fruit Extract, Pineapple Fruit Extract, Pomegranate Fruit Extract, Jujube Extract, Guava Fruit Extract), (Water & Bilberry Fruit/Leaf Extract & Sugar Cane Extract & Orange Fruit Extract & Lemon Fruit Extract & Sugar Maple Extract), (Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract), Lactobacillus & Pomegranate Fruit Ferment Extract, (Water & Malic Acid & Apple Fruit Extract & Glycolic Acid & Lactic Acid & Citric Acid), Pineapple Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Prickly Pear Extract, White Willow Bark Extract, (Water & Caprylyl Glycol & Hexylene Glycol & Wasabia japonica (Wasabi) Root Extract & Zingiber officinale (Ginger) Root Extract & Allium sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract), (Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol.)
WHY SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our products contain higher percentages of active ingredients than the majority of products on the market. This means you can see amazing differences very quickly, and with only a scant amount of product.
- Our products are manufactured in-house by a small team of women in Philadelphia, PA, in small batches, with love.
- Our products are never tested on animals, just Adeline and Sabbatical Beauty employees.
- Everyone who works for Sabbatical Beauty earns a living wage.
WHAT DO PEOPLE LOVE ABOUT SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
- Our stuff works. And works quickly, period. And we sell sample sizes, so you don't need to commit a lot financially to test if a product works for your individual skin chemistry.
- Our mission as a feminist company is not to sell you skincare as something that you need, but rather a routine that will help you with prioritizing yourself and own needs for self-care.
- Our products come with an amazing, supportive Facebook community of people always willing to help, even in issues outside of skincare.
- We have a generous thirty day returns and refunds policy.