Travel Size 5ml: $15 | Full Size 1 oz $60
How To Use
Snail mucin - or that icky gross juice that snails excrete when they climb over rocks and branches - actually has magical skin-healing properties that can give you a glow like nothing else. While the popularization of snail in skincare is commonly attributed to developments in Korean beauty, the discovery actually comes from the Chilean snail farming industry, when in the 1980s they discovered that their workers, whose arms and hands got easily cut while handling the sharp metal cages for the snails, experienced quick and no-scar healing when they applied snail slime to their injuries.
The magic chemical properties of snail slime come from its particular composition of glycosaminoglycans and peptides. Snail secretion filtrate is naturally rich in glycosaminoglycans. Glycosaminoglycans are so magical because they can bind nearly 1000 times their weight in water (hyaluronic acid is one of these naturally occurring glycosaminoglycans in your dermis). This moisture buffer is necessary to protect the parts of the cell that contribute to collagen and elastin, which are necessary for elastic, bouncy, smooth, ‘chok-chok’ skin. So, more glycosaminoglycans, more chok-chok skin.
Want to read more about the science behind why snail mucin helps your skin so much? Read my blog post on snail mucin, in which I summarize for you hours of research I’ve conducted on peer reviewed, scientific publications and patents in what I hope is in plain English.
The Sabbatical Beauty Snail Serum is 92% snail mucin, and is fragranced like fresh rain (because snails come out in the rain!) Our snail mucin comes from small family farms in France, where snails are not harmed in the extraction of their mucin.
- Helps redness
- Helps irritated skin
Apply on a cleansed face. Follow with moisturizer and sunscreen/makeup.
Snail Secretion Extract, Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract), (Water & Caprylyl Glycol & Hexylene Glycol & Wasabia japonica (Wasabi) Root Extract & Zingiber officinale (Ginger) Root Extract & Allium sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract), Fragrance, (Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol.)
WHY SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our products contain higher percentages of active ingredients than the majority of products on the market. This means you can see amazing differences very quickly, and with only a scant amount of product.
- Our products are manufactured in-house by a small team of women in Philadelphia, PA, in small batches, with love.
- Our products are never tested on animals, just Adeline and Sabbatical Beauty employees.
- Everyone who works for Sabbatical Beauty earns a living wage.
WHAT DO PEOPLE LOVE ABOUT SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
- Our stuff works. And works quickly, period. And we sell sample sizes, so you don't need to commit a lot financially to test if a product works for your individual skin chemistry.
- Our mission as a feminist company is not to sell you skincare as something that you need, but rather a routine that will help you with prioritizing yourself and own needs for self-care.
- Our products come with an amazing, supportive Facebook community of people always willing to help, even in issues outside of skincare.
- We have a generous thirty day returns and refunds policy.