Travel Size 7ml: $28 | Full Size 1 oz $95
How To Use
The miracles of peat stem from its amazing preservative qualities. Do a google search on "bog butter" and "bog bodies" and you'll find some astonishing examples of things have have been preserved in peat bogs for centuries that appear to be way fresher than they actually are.
Peat is starting to become a cult skincare ingredient, so much so that there are Korean and Irish skincare lines devoted purely to peat. Peat extracts have been used in recent years to cure inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
According to an article in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetics Studies, the power of peat stems from its richness in humic substances, natural chemicals that develop from the decomposition of organic matter in humus. Humic substances have been documented to have astringent effects, thus regulating excessive oil production, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and may even be to a degree protective against UVB rays.
Sabbatical Beauty customers have found Peat Serum to be a favorite for tightening and diminishing the appearance of pores, and to clear congested skin. Used in conjunction with our Got Grits? set, Peat is highly effective in helping to remove skin clogs without extractions.
Our Peat Serum is 93% peat extract, and named after our lovely community member, Valette Piper-Bledsoe.
- Diminishes appearance of pores
- Helps clear congested skin
- Soothes irritated skin
Instructions: Apply on a cleansed face. Follow with moisturizer.
Ingredients: Peat Extract, (Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract), (Water & Caprylyl Glycol & Hexylene Glycol & Wasabia japonica (Wasabi) Root Extract & Zingiber officinale (Ginger) Root Extract & Allium sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract), (Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol), Citric Acid
WHY SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our products contain higher percentages of active ingredients than the majority of products on the market. This means you can see amazing differences very quickly, and with only a scant amount of product.
- Our products are manufactured in-house by a small team of women in Philadelphia, PA, in small batches, with love.
- Our products are never tested on animals, just Adeline and Sabbatical Beauty employees.
- Everyone who works for Sabbatical Beauty earns a living wage.
WHAT DO PEOPLE LOVE ABOUT SABBATICAL BEAUTY?
- Our stuff works. And works quickly, period. And we sell sample sizes, so you don't need to commit a lot financially to test if a product works for your individual skin chemistry.
- Our mission as a feminist company is not to sell you skincare as something that you need, but rather a routine that will help you with prioritizing yourself and own needs for self-care.
- Our products come with an amazing, supportive Facebook community of people always willing to help, even in issues outside of skincare.
- We have a generous thirty day returns and refunds policy.